Gun rights is a hot topic, and you’ll find plenty of bloggers that are willing to defend their side of the issue. Here are 10 bloggers for and 10 bloggers opposed to increased gun rights in the U.S.
Yay! Protect our gun rights!
1. Gun Free Zone – The title is tongue-in-cheek. This blog is more about gun freeDOM than being free from guns. The blogger states that one of his primary reasons for moving to the US was to live in a country where he would be free to protect his family.
2. Cocked and Loaded – A North Carolina sportsman that has taken on the defense of the 2nd Amendment in his blog.
3. Arms and the Law – This is the blog of lawyer, David Hardy. If you’re looking for someone who knows, understands and supports the legal issues around the 2nd Amendment, Hardy is the man for you.
4. War on Guns – This blog is from the ‘resistance’ side of the war and is written by Guns & Ammo magazine columnist, David Codrea.
5. DC Handgun Info – Legal issues regarding gun ownership are posted here along with plenty of info on gun safety, as well.
6. My Gun Culture – If you’re looking for a little humor among all the serious stuff, this would be a good blog to check out. Pro gun and pro fun.
7. Dustin’s Gun Blog – A very high ranking blogger on the pro-gun side. This Arizona man can link you to just about anything you’re looking for in the area of protecting gun rights.
8. Gun Watch – This blogger posts links to gun related news stories to keep you informed of real events.
9. Armed and Safe – A blog promoting gun ownership as the means to maintaining a safe and protected home.
10. Snowflakes in Hell – One of the few gun activist bloggers who is female in gender, this blogger focuses on the gun politics of her home state of Pennsylvania.
Nay! Prevent gun violence!
1. New Trajectory – Eugene, Oregon blogger associated with Ceasefire Oregon, an organization committed to preventing and decreasing gun violence in Oregon.
2. Brady Campaign – This is the official blog of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, which was begun by Jim and Sharon Brady.
3. Abusing the Privilege - This blob covers a wide array of issues from crimes of passion to just what it takes to set some people off.
4. Gun Guys – A bit of a subversive title for this blog. The title could easily make a person assume that it is a pro-gun blog. I imagine that was the intent. However, the content will quickly show you that the opposite is true.
5. Bullet Counter Points – Commentary on gun violence stories in America provided by the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence.
6. Monday’s with Mike – The blog of the President of the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, you can keep up with what’s going on in regards to all gun legislation here.
7. MikeB302000 – This blogger collects various gun related information from across the net to inform his readers on what’s going on where.
8. Common Gun Sense – ‘A thoughtful discussion..’ on gun related issues is how this blog bills itself, but it is definitely a discussion approached from the gun violence prevention perspective.
9. Guns Are Soooo Great! Like some humor? This Alaskan lady uses her blog to make sport of gun owners and gun rights advocates.
10. A Law Abiding Citizen? – The tagline for this blog explains the title: “Every criminal was once…a law abiding citizen.” Very definitely on the ‘nay’ side of the gun rights debate.
If you’re sitting on the fence of this issue, a perusal through this list of twenty should at least educate you fairly with the claims from both sides.
Contacts and sources:
Story by Allen Wright
Home Alarm Monitoring